Blog Statement

Life is too short to eat bad food! Sharing great recipes, farm life, stories and photography from our Northern California dairy farm.

TDM CCN Header

May 8, 2010

Birthday Girl

I had the pleasure of celebrating my good friend's birthday the other night with a very fun group of girlfriends that have been in my life for the last 10-15 years.  We have been through so many things together over the past 10 years, from trips to Tahoe, Texas, Las Vegas, horse camping,  to weddings, divorces, new relationships, illness and so many other things it's difficult to recount them all. So, at every birthday or any occasion we can think of, we try to all meet up for dinner.

Devi was the Birthday Girl this time and she chose to eat at Piatti's in Mill Valley.  It was my first time at this restaurant and I loved it.  I loved the atmosphere, as it sits right on the water, has patio dining, a full bar and good food.




But, first things first.  We felt the need to start out the evening at Wildfox for cocktails.  WooWoos all around.



Thanks Debbie for driving from stop one to stop two and back!


On to Piatti.....

(left to right: Wendy, me, Devi, Cynthia, Jody, Kellie & Debbie)



I was having such a good time, I totally forgot to snap photos of our food!  Or maybe I was just really hungry.  Oh well, I had the roasted salmon served with asparagas and roasted yukon gold potatoes in case you're interested and LOVED it!  Here's their menu if you want to take a peek: Piatti

The birthday girl......Devi.


A friend is someone we turn to when our spirits need a lift.

A friend is someone we treasure for our friendship is a gift.

A friend is someone who fills our lives with beauty, joy and grace.

And makes the world we live in a better and happier place.
Unknown author
 
I'm so lucky to have such a great group of true friends :)
 
Happy Saturday! Pin It

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Nancy, I always enjoy your blog, but this one was especially nice!! I value your friendship and I'm looking forward to a lot more wonderful memories with our "Tahoe Girls"
Deb

Ren- Lady Of The Arts said...

Looks like a really fun night- so awesome that you have such a great group of girlfriends.