Blog Statement

Life is too short to eat bad food! Sharing great recipes, farm life, stories and photography from our Northern California dairy farm.

TDM CCN Header

May 28, 2010

My Subway Breakfast

A few mornings ago before getting Bryce ready for school, I felt rushed to get out the door without being late for school (luckily it was not a pre-school day for Paige).  I didn't have time to eat breakfast and I always eat breakfast, so I thought it would be a perfect opportunity to try out Subway's new $2.46 breakfast special before running errands. A healthy option breakfast sandwich and coffee for just $2.46! 

I ordered the Western Egg and Cheese on a whole wheat english muffin.  Right after I placed my order, Paige informs me she needs to use the restroom, so off we went.  When we returned, my order was ready.  I thought it was okay.  The english muffin was not toasted, only heated through which left for a chewy english muffin.  I'm not sure if this is how they normally prepare it or you need to ask them to toast it for you.  Though I wasn't very satisfied with my order, I wanted to give them another try.

Yesterday I had the opportunity to try breakfast at Subway again and it was a whole lot better.  I ordered the same thing, the Western Egg sandwich and asked them to toast it for me.  This made all the difference for me, although it could have been toasted a bit more.  So if you decide to try Subway for breakfast, and you don't like the texture of a chewy english muffin, make sure you ask for extra toasting.  I think it's worth the $2.46.


The Western Egg sandwich is 180 calories.  Black Forest ham, egg, green peppers, red onion and your choice of cheese.  You can choose egg whites instead of whole egg.

Each sandwich has 20 to 30 percent of recommended daily calcium intake, which is primarily derived from the two cheese triangles on each melt.  I chose not to have cheese on mine, but next time I will include it.......

I got my calcium intake with the large amount of milk I poured into my coffee.....


Something exciting:
This morning I received an email letting me know that my asian noodle salad was selected for one of today's (May 28th) Top 9 recipe selections on Foodbuz.com.  It was chosen out of 3,352 entries!  I was very excited and wanted to share with you.  If you missed the the recipe, here it is again.... Asian Noodle recipe.
Happy Friday!  Cheers! Pin It

2 comments:

Pat Tillett said...

good job on the recipe!

Julie said...

What a great price for that breakfast! Since I'm allergic to eggs, most breakfast sandwiches (and breakfasts, for that matter), I can't eat. BUT I could probably order this (as long as it's not premade) with just the ham, fixings, and cheese and be good to go!!

WTG on the honor of having your recipe chosen as one of the top 9! That has to be a great feeling!

I came over from MBC!