Blog Statement

Life is too short to eat bad food! Sharing great recipes, farm life, stories and photography from our Northern California dairy farm.

TDM CCN Header

January 24, 2011

Sunny Sandbox Picnic

We are SO lucking out here in northern California with our January weather.  It was in the low 70's here today and that alone motivated me to do some much needed yard work.

Paige wasn't in preschool today, due to a preschool teacher in service day so we got busy in the yard and garden at around 10 a.m.  We began to dig the weeds out of our summer garden barrels and look what we found!  Baby carrots! 

Since my summer garden doesn't do very well, maybe a winter garden is the ticket for me.  I'll have to look into what will work during the winter months.  I did find a package of carrot seeds and planted some more....we'll see how they work out.














We also cleaned the sandbox of dried Curly Willow leaves.  It had been covered up since last summer and Paige had a blast playing in it......she and now Bryce are out in it as I write this {4pm}. 

I love to listen to what kids come up with while playing.  Paige created a "dinner party" and set the table with flowers. 













So we decided to have a picnic lunch outside in the nice, warm sunshine.













Lemonade was very refreshing after all the outdoor work, as were the baby carrots we had picked.













Chloe also enjoyed herself in the sandbox as well.  She dug a hole in the shady spot and plopped herself down.













I'm sure there's more rain to come, but I plan on taking full advantage of our spring like weather while we're getting it.  Very grateful!

Pin It

3 comments:

Ren- Lady Of The Arts said...

That is such a serendipitous find! I love the photos- We had a pretty warm day today too- P looks so cute in her shorts!

Suzie Salmon said...

Luv it! A sandbox tablescaper :)

Nancy Grossi ~ Churned In Cali ~ The Wife of a Dairyman said...

@Ren, LV, I'm sure was lovely today as well!

@Suzie, hey, yes! A little sandbox tablescaper....love it!