Blog Statement

Life is too short to eat bad food! Sharing great recipes, farm life, stories and photography from our Northern California dairy farm.

TDM CCN Header

January 20, 2011

Virtual Dairy Farm Tour

Well, I finally got it together enough to put together a slide show for the virtual dairy farm tour I've been meaning  to add to the blog.  It only took me 20 minutes to put the photos and captions together and ALL day to upload music to it!  I am SO not tech savvy.  This is one of the reasons I haven't used my Flip video that I won, but I am planning on tackling that project in the near future as well.

The virtual tour is added to the main page of the blog and will be here on every post and will also have its own tab at the top of each page.  Just scroll down to just below the comment section and you'll see the YouTube viewing box.  I will periodically change and rotate photos to keep things lively.  I hope you enjoy it:)



Pin It

10 comments:

Jessica Johnson said...

I loved that so much and you could not have picked a more perfect song! You make living on a dairy look so idyllic and your kids are obviously having an amazing childhood. One question though, at the end, why was the baby calf in the back of the truck with your kids? Do the babies not get to stay with their Mamas?

Anonymous said...

You have some great photos in there! Your kids are adorable - I loved growing up on a farm...for the most part!

Oh, and baby barn owls are...ugly. Kind of scary ugly! I prefer the grown-up version! :)

Nancy Grossi ~ Churned In Cali ~ The Wife of a Dairyman said...

@Jessica, normally when a mama cow is about to give birth, she is in the birthing barn but this one delivered early, in the corral, so they were being moved to the barn.

@runaroundaroo, thank you so much! and I agree with you on the baby barn owls...so different looking!

Suzie Salmon said...

That was wonderful! My husband,s cousins have a very large dairy operation, so I know how hard the work is, but what a great life! Oh, and I LOVE milk so please keep on growing it :)
Suzie

Katie said...

Nancy, this is fabulous! I love all of the detail you provided. Organizing the photos take so much time! Do you work on a Mac? I can help give you a few tips to create these videos more quickly. I have made a few for family events and birthdays! But creating a North Dakota prairie virtual is something I haven't done! My ideas are churning.
Can't wait to see you soon.
Katie
http://pinkepost.blogspot.com

Erica Beck said...

What a neat video with great photos! I know it takes time to do something like that, and time is such a precious commodity.

Thanks for inspiring me to try and tackle the video realm. I've been avoiding it :)

Anonymous said...

This is a great idea. Not only can you show off your farm, but it shows non-farmers how real farmers work, it's not the same as ol' McDonald's place!

Nancy Grossi ~ Churned In Cali ~ The Wife of a Dairyman said...

@Suzie, thank you!!

@Katie, no I don't have a Mac, I've heard it's SO much easier creating videos on one though...

@Erica, I'm glad to hear you're going to try video. Trust me, if I can do it....anyone can:)

Anonymous said...

Wow. Watched this twice..It is awesome,Nancy You did a super job showing us your farm and your life. Makes me proud to be another wife of a dairyman, your neighbor and your friend.
Marilyn

The Dairy Mom said...

Love the video!