Blog Statement

Life is too short to eat bad food! Sharing great recipes, farm life, stories and photography from our Northern California dairy farm.

TDM CCN Header

May 22, 2011

WW: Battle Lost...

Things are beginning to dry out here on the farm.  Which means the grass is drying out and the foxtails are relentless! 

I'm sad to inform, Chloe lost her battle with the foxtails this summer.

Here's what she looks like, normally......


















And here's what she looks like today........














She's NOT happy........and she's giving me the STINK eye....













She's embarrased, ashamed, feeling a little bit vulnarable and exposed.....

Sitting on the lawn area, is not her favorite thing these days, she feels a little bit violated, I'm sure.

Poor Chloe, it had to be done.

Wordless Wednesday Link Up at:

Pinke Post

Better in Bulk
Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to leave a comment, I love to hear from you!. Have a fantastic day!

Pin It

21 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

OMG!!! poor little nekkid girl!

Jen at Cabin Fever said...

Awww. lol. Poor puppy. :)

Ocean Breezes and Country Sneezes said...

Aww, poor pretty girl! Give her an extra treat and a long belly rub, she'll forgive you!

Mary

ellie k said...

We had a tiny toy poodle when we lived near my parents farm and he loved anything he could roll in or walk through to get dirty. We had to keep his hair cut short in the summer, he still needed a bath every few days. He loved fresh cow pies and could turn himself green rolling in them.
love your blog, keep posting kids, farm, cows and all th things in between.

Unknown said...

Must the dog's version of having gum stuck in ones hair! Poor puppy! Burrs are not a fun thing. Good news is that it will grow back. Hope she figures that out soon!

Sue said...

Poor Chloe, just tell her not to worry it will soon grow back. We girls are very touchy about our hair.
Sue

Holly said...

bless her little heart!

Michelle said...

Poor thing! Maybe a little doggie shirt would help her feel more covered?! lol

Jessica said...

Aww, she looks so cute! I'm surprised you didn't do that long ago. I always wondered how you could have a shaggy white dog while living on a farm! :)

Sarah said...

Oh my goodness. Poor thing. She still looks darling!

www.thisfarmfamilyslife.blogspot.com

bon bon said...

oh no!! poor girl! to add to the humiliation, the way you photographed her gives me the impression she's being interrogated! lol!

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

I'm with 'bon-bon,' she looks like she was being questioned about her antics! But I know that by now you've convinced her that her hair will grow back, and it'll all be okay!! Our Goldens get into foxtails too, and they always have to be cut out as well...

I hope your week is off to a good start and all is wellin your direction!

Sara said...

Totally worth it to avoid the abscesses that follow fox-tail migration through her fur and into her skin!

City Life to Ranching Wife said...

still so cute!

Inger said...

No words needed there -- the pictures tell all.--Inger

LB @ Bullets And Biscuits said...

awwww, poor thing! She's still a cutie pie though!

alicia said...

Funny and so sad. Tell her she's still beautiful. lol.

Katie said...

We are still lovin' Chloe. She is looking a little violated though. Poor thing! Thanks for linking up on my WW blog hop.

Jen said...

hilarious! Poor little thing.

Jen
Happy WW- blog hopping today. :)

Rachel said...

Oh my goodness - she looks so embarrassed! I love that you captured all those feelings... poor thing!

D+B said...

Love your blog! its so cute!! I am your newest follower!! Here is my blog also if you would like to follow me back. I am new to this, but I am excited to share my ideas on the love of food.. Also I will be giving away free stuff like my mineral make-up line. so take a look.. And watch out for it. :)
-Brooke
For-The-Luv-Of.blogspot.com