Blog Statement

Life is too short to eat bad food! Sharing great recipes, farm life, stories and photography from our Northern California dairy farm.

TDM CCN Header

September 16, 2011

BOTW: Moscow Mule {and some poison oak}

It's Friday. 
It's been trying week. 
It's cocktail hour in my house. 

Normally I can handle almost anything thrown in my direction but coming home from my weekend away, I found my almost 7 year old had been exposed to poison oak.  Now, he's had poison oak one other time, but we realized it right away and scrubbed him up in the bath as soon as we were able to.....not the case this time.

Tip #1 when hunting with Dad:  DON'T pee in the woods!

Let's just say, something that should look like a small sausage link on a 7 year old.......should NOT look like a water balloon!

That's all I'm saying.

Now, on to this week's Best of the Web:
Moscow Mule ~ I had this drink for the first time ever in Carmel on the Farm Fresh Tour and fell in love with how refreshing it was!
















Ingredients

1 ounce vodka
1 tsp. sugar syrup
Fresh lime juice
1/2 cup ginger beer
1 sprig fresh mint
1 slice of lime

Directions
In a copper mug, pour vodka over ice. Add sugar syrup and lime juice. Top with ginger beer and stir. Garnish with mint sprig and lime slice.

photo from Oprah's site
Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to leave a comment, I love to hear from you! Have a fantastic day!

Pin It

5 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

oh, i'm terribly sorry for your little one! i've never had poison oak but have had severe poison ivy enough times to cry. i know this must be terrible!!!

k. said...

This cocktail has a couple of my favorite things: lime and ginger. I really need to try it. I'll probably try it with gin, cause I'm crazy like that.

Grandma Bonnie said...

Oh my that sounds so painful. I hope he gets better soon. Hope you have a great weekend.

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

I think you needed a double!!!

Hope your son feels better too!!

Pat Tillett said...

Oh yeah! gotta watch where you put those hands when your out in country. The drink wounds really good!