Blog Statement

Life is too short to eat bad food! Sharing great recipes, farm life, stories and photography from our Northern California dairy farm.

TDM CCN Header

January 25, 2012

TT w/Linky: I Spy With My Little Eye

One of the things I just love about this time of year, are the many hawks that seem to be out in full force right now.  I don't know whether hawks are more active in winter or not but on my ride to school every morning, they're lined up on the power lines, searching for their next catch or just keeping themselves warm.

In the past eight years that I've lived here, on the ranch, one day last week was the first time a Red Tail Hawk has come so close to the house, that I've noticed.  I was sitting in the office and glanced out to discover this guy staring at me through the office window.























Knowing I probably wouldn't have another opportunity to be in such close proximity to another hawk any time soon, I slowly got up from my own perch, the office chair, hoping I wouldn't startle him and snapped a few pics through the window.

On this Thankful Thursday, I'm grateful my feathered friend was curious enough to hang out with me for a good 15 minutes.....definitely the highlight of the day.




Link up with anything you’re thankful for! And if you’re not a blogger, just let us know in the comment section what you happen to be thankful for on this day.



Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to leave a comment. I love to hear from you! Have a fantastic day!


Pin It

5 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

they're so beautiful. maybe it's that we get to see more of them with barer trees in winter? :)

Suz and Allan said...

Red tail hawks are some of my favorite birds. They always look so regal.

ann said...

They are beautiful birds I love to watch. They stop by the feeder to have something to eat, like another feathered fellow. Great pictures

cathy@home said...

What a lovely photo amazing bird.

Farmchick said...

Very neat picture of your visitor. I love nature...which is good living on a farm and all. ;)

Stop by and say hi.