Blog Statement

Life is too short to eat bad food! Sharing great recipes, farm life, stories and photography from our Northern California dairy farm.

TDM CCN Header

October 9, 2014

Guacamole Withdrawals

Two weeks ago I took a trip to Puerto Vallarta with five girlfriends.  I ate chips and guacamole every day for lunch.  That's it, just chips and guacamole, poolside, every day for three days.  Ever since returning home, I've been going through some major guacamole withdrawals so I've been trying to wean myself off of it, slowly....for the sake of my yoga pants.




Well, I haven't had guacamole now in  about four days but knowing we are having fish tacos tonight for dinner, I decided to prepare a batch of guacamole....at 10:30 am.

I hope it survives until dinner time.

I used to buy pre-made guacamole as we have many varieties available here, in California, until my friend, Heather, turned me on to a super delicious and extremely easy way to whip up a batch in no time flat.




All you need is guacamole seasoning package, I use McCormick's, and two California avocados.  I normally add some lime juice and some chopped red onion to taste as well.





Slice two avocados, add the contents of the guacamole seasoning packet and mix.  Squeeze in some lime juice and chopped red onion and or chopped tomatoes, if desired.




Refrigerate and eat for lunch.....I mean with your fish tacos or anything your tummy desires, for dinner.



OLE!!

Pin It

No comments: